Recently completed projects
Six Senses Spa at Porto Elounda Hotel, Crete, Greece
This spa opened in 2007 & has already received numerous accolades, including being voted “Best Spa” by The Sunday Times Travel (December 2007). It has also featured as the cover image of Best Hotels Spa Special (October 2007). It has been selected for inclusion in Global Spa Finder’s 2008 directory of ultimate wellbeing destinations.
Harbour Club, Milan, Italy
Located just 15 minutes from the centre of Milan is Italy’s Premier Club. Set in 70,000 square meters of garden it offers an escape from the bustle of city life.
"For those who love beauty and comfort, for those who seek harmony and balance, the prestige of an exclusive temple where luxury, emotion and wellbeing meet in an elegant oasis."
Chiva-Som, Hua Hin, Destination spa, Thailand
Voted Best Spa Resort in the world - Condé Nast Traveller.
From the creation of the original concept through to construction and final room setting to project hand over and beyond, Syntax has remained dedicated to Chiva-Som’s vision of the ultimate ‘haven of rest’ for mind, body and soul.
Syntax has remained involved through a rolling programme of phased refurbishments and additions to guest facilities.
“I checked into Chiva-Som ... for two weeks [and] felt months of stress slip away” Liz Hurley, actress
Aghadoe Heights Hotel, Killarney, Ireland
The hotel is set in Ireland’s beautiful countryside, with breathtaking views of Kerry. The result is a spacious, tranquil sanctuary designed for guests to relax and luxuriate.
The thermal suite features the spa's signature treatment; the Precious Stone Cabin. This treatment combines reflexology, precious stone therapy, aroma, colour, sound and light therapy to improve and uplift the all-round well being of the client.
Voted best Hotel Destination Spa - Irish Professional Beauty Awards.
Work in progress
Chiva-Som Destination Spa, Petchaboon, Thailand
This project stretches the concept of the spa to create a resort that not only gives respite from the stresses of the modern world but also an education in a healthier holistic way of living that can be incorporated into people's every day lives.
Over 45,000 m² in area it includes: A contemporary state of the art spa & holistic health centre. 5 star hotel accommodation, private villas with panoramic views. A Thai village for traditional treatments, hilltop complex for entertainment and dining, an organic vegetable and fruit garden, set within 250 acres of landscaped grounds and park.
Hodges Bay Development, Hotel & Spa, Antigua, Caribbean
Over 52,000 m² including a 5 star hotel, 30 private villas next to a luxurious spa with its own guest spa suites all a stones throw from the Caribbean Sea.
Chiva-Som Destination Spa, Qatar
The world’s biggest super spa is being created with the future in mind. Designed to include a children’s spa and extensive organic farmland this resort extends beyond the remit of a holiday destination to educate future generations in a healthier lifestyle.
The project includes: 125 guest villas, 25 family villas, 6 village communities. It sits on a 300 acre beach front site, with 80,000m² overall built area and 50 hotel clinic rooms.
Medical Institute, Sharjah, UAE
160,000 m² alternative therapy centre and medical excellence facility set in a 68 acre site. It includes diagnostic and treatment centre wards - wellness and nutritional facility, adult and paediatric rehabilitation, mental health centre and cosmetic therapy.
The project includes medical housing facilities - consisting of villas, and apartments for staff and patient visitors
River Dorée Golf Resort, St Lucia, Caribbean
A development on a 265 acre site includes 220 bedroom hotel, 2,000 m² spa, an 18 hole signature golf course, 400 apartments, 200 golf villas and town houses, a marina and yacht club. The project is designed to use sustainable technology strategies.
Chiva-Som City Retreat, Bangkok, Thailand
This Bangkok spa is part of the new concept of Chiva-Som that is set to target the major cities of the world; It displays an integrated approach to fitness, beauty and lifestyle. Also included is a private club, providing members with a social, relaxed place to meet.
Selected recently completed projects:
- Chiva-Som, Hua Hin, Thailand; Resort & destination spa
- Al-Shaab Club, Kuwait; Spa
- One Spa, Sheraton Grand Hotel and Santini Restaurant, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Elemis Day Spa, London; Day spa
- Molton Brown Spas, Bluewater, England & Killarney Plaza hotel, Ireland
- Atlantis Spa, Bahamas, Caribbean; Hotel Spa
- Forest Mere Health Resort and Spa, England
- Crystal Harmony / Asuka II; Cruise Ship refit, Japanese bath house
- Aqua Pura Hotel, Portugal; Hotel spa
- Marriott Hotels, Forest of Arden & County Hall; Spas
- Aghadoe Heights Hotel, Killarney, Ireland; Spa & hotel refurbishment
- Six Senses Spa, Porto Elounda, Crete, Greece; Resort spa
- Xanadu, Antalya, Turkey; Resort spa
- Hodson Bay Hotel, Ireland; Hotel spa
- Harbour Club, Milan; Spa
Current projects under development:
- Jurmala, Latvia; Luxury apartment development
- St Lucia Resort, Caribbean, Hotel; Country club & spa
- The Chelsea Club, London; Spa refurbishment
- Hilton Hotel, Prague; Club & Spa
- The Spa Building, Marly-la-Forêt, Paris, France; Private spa
- Medical Institute, Sharjah, UAE; Wellness & rehabilitation centre
- Palace, Doha, Qatar; Private spa
- Chiva-Som Niranlada, Ras Qutaifan, Qatar; Residential health resort and spa
- Chiva-Som City Retreat, Bangkok, Thailand; City day spa & club
- Chiva-Som Resort, Petchaboon, Thailand; Destination wellness resort
- Hodges Bay, Antigua; Destination wellness resort & hotel
- Monte Rei Golf & Country Club, Portugal; Clubhouse & spa
- Villa Adler Resort, Latvia; House & private spa
- Millgate Homes Sundridge Park, England; Residents private spa
- Porto Elounda Hotel, Crete, Greece; Luxury Villas